Electronic Signature in Global and National Commerce Act (ESIGN) and data backup
The Electronic Signature in Global and National Commerce Act provides assurances that electronic records and contracts can have the same legal authority and protection as paper records and contracts.
ESIGN and Data Protection Regulations
- Establishes that electronic records and contracts can have the same legal authority and protection as paper records and contracts
- Requires that companies address their e-commerce activities and implement measures to ensure that these activities meet acceptable standards
How Remote Data Backups helps your e-commerce data backups comply with ESIGN’s Data Security and Privacy Laws
If you engage in e-commerce, you must ensure the security and privacy of your client information when backing up and storing data. Data must be:
- Encrypted using an industry standard method such as AES
- Securely stored offsite instead of using insecure onsite methods (tape, DVD, thumb drives) that can be easily lost, stolen and compromised
- Stored in a physically secure location
- Secured with a written contingency plan that outlines the procedures for data recovery
Advice on ESIGN compliance and Data Backup
If you store sensitive e-commerce data and are subject to ESIGN compliance, then you will need a secure, reliable, business-class offsite backup solution. Remote Data Backups helps protect you against data loss, data breach and audits that can leave your organization liable for serious penalties including client disclosure, fines, civil suits and loss of practice.
Protect your data with Remote Data Backups. Click here to get started!
Questions? Give us a call at 1-866-722-2587.