Regulations Affecting Data Backups
Many industries that deal with customer data are bound by government regulations that help to protect customer privacy rights and personal information. Whether your business handles information such as social security numbers or financial information like credit card data, there is likely a government regulation that will apply to your method of storing and backing up data. These regulations can affect industries such as banking, marketing, aviation and transportation, engineering and many others.
Remote Data Backups is fully PCI compliant and SysTrust Certified. Our software will help you meet the needs of government regulations while safely, easily and securely ensuring your data is protected. See the list below for examples of some of the more common regulations.
- HIPAA: Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act
- SOX: Sarbanes-Oxley Act
- GLBA: Gramm Leech Bliley Act
- FACTA: Fair and Accurate Credit Transactions Act
- ESIGN: Electronic Signature in Global and National Commerce Act
- FRCP: Federal Rules of Civil Procedure, Rules 26 and 34
- FCRA: Fair Credit Reporting Act
- Bank Secrecy Act
- Securities and Exchange Commission Rules 17a & 4
- California SB-1386
- Massachusetts 201 CMR 1700
- Minnesota Plastic Card Security Act
- Nevada Security of Personal Information
- New Jersey Identity Theft Protection Act
- New York Information Security Breach Notification Act
- Oregon Identity Theft Protection Act
- Washington SB-6043
- USA Patriot Act
- Safe Harbor Act (EU Data Protection Directive)
- ISO 15489 – Records Management Standard
- PIPEDA: Canadian Personal Info Protection and Electronic Documents Act
Protect your data with Remote Data Backups. Click here to get started!
Questions? Give us a call at 1-866-722-2587.